Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Catching up...

It's been several days since I've posted anything, but that's because I've finally moved to the new house!

I LOVE IT!!! It's SO nice to be able to be anywhere in the house - living room, kitchen, bedroom, laundry room, upstairs, downstairs - and be COMFORTABLE! In the other house, I pretty much spent all of my time - teaching time as well as personal time - in the two rooms on the 2nd floor. In other words, I was spending about 95% of my time in about 25% of the house, due to the extreme cold in the rest of the house. There's also really bad mold in the crawlspace and in the kitchen. That didn't help matters any.

That house was literally making me sick! I fought (and sometimes lost) against the "bug" that's been going around, and this past weekend, it turned into a bad sinus infection and I've had to cancel lessons all week. I was finally able to get in to see a doctor today, so now I have some good antibiotics & will hopefully be on the mend soon!

I also got some exciting news today... My Mom is coming to visit me next month! She'll be here for my 40th Birthday Celebration, and also for a concert I'll be playing in. She always asks, "When am I going to get to hear you play??" Well Mom, here's your chance! :-)

The latest on the adoption process...

I wrote last week about the brother & sister in Mexico City... I don't think that I am the one to be their mommy, BUT I do think that it was Providential that my student's mom told me about them, since I have friends & friends-of-friends who are looking to adopt. So I'll definitely be passing the word!

On a related subject, I have begun to "subtly worry" about where the money is going to come from for the adoption, and also if I will be able to bring my business to a point of being able to balance being a good mom with my work schedule. And then, just a few minutes ago, I read through my pastor's most recent blog post, and I am reminded that it's not MY job to do the whole thing! This was GOD's idea in the first place, and HE will bring it to pass! I have only to bring my little offering, keep close to Him, watching what He's doing & where/how He's working, and jump on board! Whew! What a relief!

"When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, 'Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?' He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do. Philip answered him, 'It would take more than half a year’s wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!' Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, 'Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?' Jesus said, 'Have the people sit down.' There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish. When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, 'Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.' So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten."
(John 6:5-13)

Thanks for sharing in this journey with me!

Til next time...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment